Are you looking for new and exciting ways to raise funds for the youth baseball team you coach, or for the dance troupe you lead? If you need something fresh and fun to start the new season, check out these eleven revitalized ideas.
Here are some fun fundraisers:
- Go Old School - Hold a BINGO Event - You can get prize donations from businesses and charge an entrance fee. This is a great family event and fun for all ages.
- Pay to Play Dress Up - Sponsor a day at school where students bring $1 to dress up like their favorite character. Then have a contest giving a prize to the best costume.
- Walk-a-thon - Hold a 12 hour walk in your school gym. The team or group members can raise support per hour of their walk. A family member can also join in to raise additional funds.
- Silent Auction - Collect used and new donated items. Invite friends and family to come bid on the items.
- Silent Art Auction - Kids create pieces of art while you can also ask local artists for donated pieces of work. Then you can auction off both children's and professional's artwork at a silent auction.
- Talent Show - Organize a talent show at your school and charge an event admission fee. Offer donated coffee and desserts for sale as well.
- The Best Band Wins - Ask some youth bands to compete in a show. The winning band will get prize money sponsored by local businesses. Charge a cover fee and sell donated sodas and snacks at the event.
- School Day Dress Up Like ____ Contest - Hold a contest to see who can most closely resemble a popular movie character. Charge a small fee for each person to vote and give a donated prize to the winner.
- Give a Meal - Ask people to join you in giving up a meal and giving the money they would have spent on the meal to your cause.
- Branding - Design t-shirts (available at Fundraising.com) to sell with your team or group name on them.
- Car Wash Plus - Set up a car wash and give bracelets with your group name on them as part of the car wash.
These are eleven ideas to spark your fundraising creative capacity. Take the ideas and run with them. Go to www.fundraising.com or give us a call at 1.800.443.5353 for more information.